Our honey is 100% pure, raw honey; never pasteurized or high-pressure filtered. This is important as it retains the enzymes, trace vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, antibacterial properties, and natural taste and aroma of the honey. We are committed to producing the finest quality honey; using no chemicals in our hives and employing organic beekeeping methods.
Local honey has the added benefit of reducing symptoms of allergies, as consuming traces of pollen in the honey may decrease the impact of airborne pollen. We extract our honey three times during the year: Late Spring, Mid-Summer, and in the Fall. This allows for seasonal variations in the color and taste of the honey, bringing out distinct floral flavors and aromas that are representative of Central Ohio wildflowers. Each season brings a different type of honey as the nectar flow changes. Spring honey is very light, mild, and delicate, made primarily from Black Locust Trees (our favorite!). Summer honey is sprightly sweet with a depth of flavor- a great all-purpose honey. It is made primarily from clover, Canadian thistle, and wild blackberries. Our Fall honey is rich, robust, and intensely flavorful. It is a deep amber honey made from goldenrod and aster flowers.
Retail Locations to buy our Honey:
• The Greener Grocer, in the North Market, 59 Spruce Street, Columbus, OH 43215
• Earth Fare, 1440 Gemini Place, Columbus, OH 43240
• Celebrate Local, 3952 Townsfair Way Columbus, OH 43219
• The Hills Market,7860 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, Ohio 43235
• The Hills Market Downtown, 95 North Grant Ave, Columbus, OH 43215
• Whole Foods Market, 3670 West Dublin Granville Road, Columbus, Ohio 43235
• Whole Foods, Market, 555 W Lane Ave Upper Arlington, OH 43221
• Smith Farm Market, 3341Winchester Pike, Columbus, OH 43232
• Saraga International Market, 1265 Morse Rd, Columbus, OH 43229
• Green Bean Delivery, www.greenbeandelivery.com
In Pickaway County:
• At our farmstand: 9642 Randle Road, Williamsport, OH 43164
• The Health Food Cupboard, 104 N Scioto St. Circleville, OH 43113
• Rhoad's Farm Market, 1051 St. Route 56 East Circleville, OH 43113
• Pickaway County Visitor's Bureau, 325 W. Main Street, Circleville, OH 43113
Elsewhere in Ohio:
• The Garden Herb Shop, 7 N High St, Canal Winchester, OH 43110
• Country Craft Cupboard, 4813 E Main St, Berlin, OH 44610
• Curly Girl Farm Market, State Route 40, East of Zanesville, Ohio
We are always happy to ship honey and will be glad to meet your special requests. Just send us an email through the contact us page!